Friday, November 27, 2009

Germany - A recap

Lillie and I ventured to Germany the second week of November to visit Roger while he was deployed to Ramstein Air Base. Here's a recap of our events. I plan to post later this week with tips for traveling by yourself with a toddler, but for now, here are some fun pictures.

One of the many amazing castles in Germany. This one was along the Rhine River.

We took a trip to an outdoor mall of sorts in the town of Kaiserslautern. Lillie experienced her first sucker from the Hummel chocolate store. She was a non stop drooling machine!



A quaint little town along the Rhine River.

The Heidelberg Castle. The weather was crummy - misting and cold - but the views were amazing.



Lillie asked Dad not to pull a Michael Jackson on her and dangle her over the edge.







Me and Lillie - my hot mess of a hairdo tells you just how lovely the weather was!





And no trip to Germany is complete without...
A ride on Mickey Mouse!
Mickey and his friends were in the Kids Center at the Ramstein Base Exchange (basically the equivalent of a mall on a military base).

5 comments:

Cecilia said...

Fantastic pictures. I admire you for traveling alone with a toddler. I could never do it. Shoot, I wouldn't travel alone with any of my kids.

Katie said...

What a sweet little lady! I'm so jealous of your Germany trip!!

Melissa said...

It sounds and looks like you guys had fun...I can't wait to hear all the stories.

Kristin said...

Yay! About time you get pics up here?! Totally kidding. These are amazing! Looks like you saw some great stuff! Can't wait to see more pics :)

Fie said...

Looks like you had a great time....I am so jealous...next time venture further North ;-)