Friday, April 11, 2008

Jewelry update

Ever since getting pregnant and realizing that flipping houses would be put on hold for a few months, I've really started focusing on growing my jewelry business. Working out of my home would really be a great luxury to have once the baby comes when you look at the alternative of taking the baby to a construction site! In order to improve business, I've been focusing on two goals - continuing to update my website with new pieces and better photographs and getting my jewelry into local boutiques.

While I work to find someone to update my site, I'm excited to announce that over 30 of my pieces from the Celebrate Wedding section will be sold in a local bridal boutique! I'll have six bridal collections and four bridesmaid collections on display along with a selection of earrings. The bridal boutique is set to open late May so when it does, I'll be sure to include the information on my website under a new section for Retailers.

In addition to selling my bridal jewelry in bridal boutiques, I'm really trying to get my foot in the door with a children's boutique to sell the Celebrate Family line. There are so many additional pieces that I've made in the past 6 months that haven't even posted to my site - things like Christening necklaces, name bracelets, and family necklaces and bracelets.

Mother charm necklace with birthstones reprensenting her four children: April, March, December, and September.
Mother's name bracelet for her daughter Brooke born in July.
Family bracelet with four birthstones represented: August, February, November, and May.
Mother's pearl name bracelet for her son Scott born in August.
May mother and her three children represented: September, June (Alexandrite), and October.
Mother's double name bracelet for her daugther Emma born in February and Anna born in October.

It's very difficult trying to establish relationships with boutiques simply because they may not be looking for a line of jewelry to carry or they may feel like they already have significant jewelry representation in their store and there is no need to add to it so wish me luck!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Christie! That's great! And that Mom necklace is gorgeous. Good luck getting your foot in the door.

Jennifer said...

Go Christie! Like Kristal - I love the necklace!!

As far as children's boutiques, have you checked with Sara Lynn's? It's in Shiloh, IL and they have the most adorable things, but I've always felt like they are severly lacking in the jewlry department.

Christie & Roger said...

Thanks Jenn for the Sara Lynn's reference. I did a search for children's boutiques in the StL metro area and a couple came up, but that one wasn't on the list. I'll definitely add them to my potential retailers list!

Julia Goolia said...

It's so admirable of you to do this. I can only dream of having a successful business so I can 'quit my day job' :) You go, girl.

Amber said...

You could also try the Basket Case or the Country Sampler. (in Belleville) Both shops carry unique gifts and jewelry so although they aren't strictly a childrens' boutique (although both have children's sections) they might work too. Good luck! I'll link you to my blog so all my friends know where I get my cute jewelry!

Amy said...

The family bracelet is so unique. I will have to remember it when the fam is complete. We'll see what God has enstore- hopefully it will fit on 1 bracelet! :) Girl- you are so talented~!

Ramblin' Rose Photography said...

Have you tried Women's Exchange in Ladue?

The Woman's Exchange
9214 Clayton Road
St. Louis, MO. 63124


Telephone: 314- 997-4411
Toll Free: 866-997-4411
Fax: 314- 997-0921

http://www.woexstl.org/story.html

Mary said...

Do you have a website to sell your jewelry? I came across your blog and may be interested in buying something.

Christie & Roger said...

Mary - my website is www.neckletsjewelry.com. You'll find more information about contacting me and ordering. Currently, my website is not set up for e-commerce so the best way to order is either through email or phone.