Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Trip to the West Coast

On Thursday, February 28th, I left headed for Seattle to visit Roger while he is away at C40 training for the military. While I was up there, we took an underground tour of the city, visited Pikes Place Market and watched the vendors throw around fish, went out to eat a few trendy establishments, and of course, went up in the space needle.
Cool shot from the top of the space needle:


As I was in Seattle, St. Louis was getting hit hard with a snow storm and I decided to stay the whole week rather than fight the crowds trying to travel on a reduced flight schedule. The following weekend, we flew down to Santa Barbara to attend the wedding of one Roger's college roommates and friends.
Roger and I at the rehearsal dinner at a restaurant called Opal off of State Street in Santa Barbara.


The ceremony and reception were held at the Fess Parker Doubletree Resort - the ceremony was in the rose garden and the reception was in a tented area just off the lobbby.

Roger and his brother Troy at the reception.

Me and cousin Lynn at the reception.

Wedding details - bridesmaid bouquet and flower arrangment on the cake table.
Table decorations
Menu - we had our choice of filet or Maine lobster! Yum!
And the cake!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

AHH! I've been on the underground tour of Seattle when I was younger [like early teens]--didn't like it and wanted to get out, the guy said there was no way out, I had to go through the whole tour and boom! I hit the floor, completely passed out! Needless to say, I no longer do underground tours!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Revolution Youth said...

Tag! You're it!!

Heather said...

Those pics are great! And you and your hubby are so cute.