Tuesday, December 9, 2008

4 months!

Happy 4 months Lillie! The time seems to be flying by now that I'm getting sleep at night! In the beginning, people would tell me to cherish the time when they are so small because they grow up so fast. I'm going to be real with you for a second. I'm glad she's not a newborn anymore. That is a tough time! Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise!

So onto her stats. She is weighing in at 15 lbs, 11 oz (wow!). That puts her in the 89th percetile. Being that she started out at 6 lbs, 12 oz, that means she has gained 143 ounces in 122 days!

She also grew in length, a lot. She went from 24 inches at three months to 26 1/2 inches at 4 months. That puts her in the 99th percentile. I did notice (and mentioned it to several people) that I thought she was going through a growth spurt around the 3 1/2 month point and I guess I was right!

We were given the clear to start rice cereal but I think we are going to wait a little while longer. Each baby is different and I really want to make sure her digestive track is ready for solid foods. As long as she is satisfied by nursing and the soy formula (we are alternating now), I'm not in a big rush to get her on cereal. It seems that every pediatrician has a different opinion on when to start and I have heard that starting too soon can lead to food allergies and obesity (down the road), but I've never heard anything bad about waiting it out. My "plan" is to start her on cereal around 5 1/2 - 6 months, but we'll see how long she can hold out on just liquids alone!





6 comments:

Mary said...

I love these pictures! I even got a bit of an "aw" from Jason, and he's not exactly a big baby person:)

Angie said...

She's so cute!

Maria said...

I love the "4" onesie!

BTW, a friend of mine said the same thing you did about the newborn phase.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! And you can tell she's getting older - her cheeks are really starting to chub out. Love that!!!

Jenny said...

Look at those legs!!!!

~aj~ said...

She is such a cutie!!!