Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas and a side of RSV



Poor Lillie came down with a case of RSV and acute bronciolitis. It's relatively common in infants under 12 months. It started out as a cough here and there and quickly escalsated to coughing and choking spells. We found ourselves at St. Lukes ER on Saturday evening where she was tested and treated. Well, speaking of treatment, there really isn't anything we can do that we aren't already doing - elevated crib, humidifier, bulb suction before feedings, etc. Our instructions are to closely monitor her for rapid breathing and/or wheezing. Hopefully, we'll have our healthy Lillie back for the New Year.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lillie,

Its me, Parker. I hope you feel better soon. I miss you. Tell your mommy to tell my mommy if you need anything I will get it for you. I got $50 for Christmas so I can buy you anything you want.

Love,
Parker

Krissy said...

That is a really great pic of all of you!

So sorry to hear that little Lillie is sick. Drew had bronciolitis when he was about 7 months old and we had to do breathing treatments with him...

Here's wishing you all a happy new year!!

Lisa said...

Poor sick baby. Hope she feels better soon!

Cheryl said...

So sorry Lillie spent her first Christmas sick. I hope she starts feeling better soon. A sick baby is hard on mom and dad too, so take care of yourselves.

Amy said...

aw poor lillie! hope she feels better soon, poor thing sick on christmas!!

Julia Goolia said...

OH no! I hope she recovers very soon. Hang in there!

Donna V said...

Poor thing! I hope Lilllie is starting to feel better soon.

Aimee said...

What a cute family photo! Hope Lillie gets well soon!

Cassie said...

Oh No! Poor Lillie. I hope mom and dad are taking care of theirselves too. Looks like you guys got bunch for Christmas though!

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness - look at all the presents around you guys!? How fun...well almost...hopefully Lillie gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty darn cute family. Is her arm around Harvey?!? It looks like it! I hope she feels better soon! Happy New Year guys. MWAH!

Maria said...

I hope Lillie recovers quickly. Happy New Year!!

The Girly Girls said...

Yuck! I hope she gets better soon. Nothing is more stressful than a sick baby!