Friday, August 21, 2009

Birthday Party - Round 1

The three women in Roger's life (his mom, his wife, and his daughter) all celebrate their birthdays within 4 days. As a first, Roger made us a cake - double layer butter cake with cream cheese frosting.

But let's face it, the world is all about Lillie and I've grown used to the fact that my birthday will never be important again - especially since it is the day before hers and I will spend my remaining years planning big birthday bashes for Lillie!

We wound up giving her a small piece of the cake to try. We had gone out to eat earlier in the evening and for some reason, she was not so happy on the 35 minute car ride back home. I put her in some pj's and Roger decided that we would open gifts and have cake - a full hour past her normal bed time. She's pretty resiliant though and wound up enjoying the celebration.








5 comments:

Krissy said...

Way to go Roger! Lillie looks like she was diggin' her daddy's cake!!

Krissy said...

Oh! And I LOVE your new header!!!

Kristin said...

I love the pic of Lillie with Harvey :) And I didn't realize your birthday was the day before Lillie's!? Mine is 4 days before Bella & sometimes on Mother's Day, so I feel you with all the madness around the girl's birthdays!

Michelle said...

She's so cute!

Katie said...

What a nice cake and sweet husband! Happy birthday to you and Lillie!!