Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Queeny Park

St. Louis has been having some awesome, almost fall-like, weather the past few days. We decided to take advantage of it by heading out to Queeny Park for a hike.
And we're off to the park...
We wound up using our Ergo carrier for Lillie. If we were avid hikers, we'd probably splurge for one of those frame carriers. The Ergo works for now.
Lillie with Dad...

And Lillie with mom... I must point out my "short-waistedness". Notice how Lillie's head is parallel with my chin and now go back and look at where Lillie's head comes on Roger! We are the same height folks, just proportioned totally different!

After 45 minutes of being cooped up in the carrier, she's free! (And hard to capture with my camera!)

In other random news, I caught these moments of Harvey and Lillie playing together. She was sitting on the rug and he came up and laid in her lap. Too sweet!

And here she is giving him some invisible kibble, aka a little piece of lint she found on the carpet.
Gotta love that Harvey!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

She is just adorable. Love the ones of her and Harvey. I think you can turn the car seat around at 1yo, right?

Christie & Roger said...

I'm torn on the car seat issue. Back in April or May, the AAP started recommending 2 years so I'm leaving her rear facing until she can't stand it any longer.

Kristin said...

Hey! Lillie is in company with B sitting backwards, B is too small weight-wise to flip around :( I love the pic of Lillie feeding Harvey lint - Bella tries this too - so funny! Hey do you like those baby-carrier things? I think I'd like one of those for a hike, although our jogging stroller is pretty rugged. Let me know!

Lisa said...

Too funny because I am just as short-waisted. You'll never see me tucking a shirt into my waistband!!

And, Harvey and Lillie together might just be the cutest thing ever!!

Anonymous said...

Body proportions really are a crazy thing. Chad is exactly opposite. He's 6'1", and yet, wears only a 32 inseam in pants. It's so difficult to find shirts long enough for him to be able to tuck in.

And Harvey and Lille warm my heart, Christie. One thing I look so forward to is seeing our dogs interact with our baby. I can't wait for those moments. And now I'm tearing up, LOL.

Maria said...

That picture of Harvey in Lillie's lap is the cutest thing in the world!!

Katie said...

She's so sweet! When do you plan on turning her car seat around? Juan hates the car and I can't wait to turn his around to see if he doesn't cry! I've read to wait until at least a year and that waiting longer is better, but I'm not sure I could wait past that.

Katie said...

...and now I just read the comment. :)