Sunday, September 20, 2009

Gearing up for craft shows

The holiday craft shows kick off in October and I've been diligently working in the corner of our basement sewing, serging, ironing, and hot glueing my crafts. I get about an hour of work in each night after Lillie goes to bed. I've posted before about these pillowcase dresses, but here are some additional fabric combinations.




Also, I've made these baby and toddler neck warmers. The inside is lined with a waffle patterned fleece. As a bonus, the large size (for kids 5 and up) also fits adults so you know I'll be sporting one of these this winter!


I've had fun embellishing bags. The ones shown are small - a good size to carry around your little one's lunch or other small needs - like a few diapers and a wipe case. I also have large ones that are good for an overnight bag.


These hairbows are super easy - just line an alligator clip with grossgrain ribbon and cover two different sized buttons with fabric. A little hot glue keeps everything together.


I love these little fabric flower hair bows.




No post is complete without a picture of Lillie! Here she is modeling the flower hair bow.


Most of my fabrics are by Amy Butler. Her fabrics are so fun to coordinate. Let me know which item you like best and what you think a fair price is. I have no idea what the reception is going to be so your comments will help me prepare for the shows.
You can find me at the following shows:
Oct 24 & 25 - Fall Arts & Craft Show at Sperreng Middle School
Nov 21 & 22 - Parkway South Band Holiday Craft Show
Dec 5 & 6 - Oakville Band Holiday Craft Show
Dec 12 - Lutheran High School South Craft Show

13 comments:

N. said...

I have no idea on price, but those are all absolutely adorable! I love them all! Great work.

Kristin said...

Everything looks great! I'm horrible with guessing prices but I know I would pay at least $5 for that little flower clip! Too cute on Lillie! You should tutor me on these little crafts :)

Good luck & hopefully we'll make it to one of the shows!

Anonymous said...

Everything is darling, but those little flower clips are to die for!!

Krissy said...

If I had a girl, I would totally be buying those dresses and hairbows! As for price, you could ck Kameron's site and she what she charges for those dresses.

Melissa said...

So cute!!! I really want one of the flower hair bows for Genevieve!!! I will have to come see you at your first craft fair. :)

Katie said...

I don't buy things like this for my boy so I am not sure on price, but if I had a girl, you bet I would want every single one of those!

You should do the Union Middle School Craft fair. It's Nov. 14 & 15 with set up on Fri. the 13th. I've never seen anything like this there...you would make a killing!

Jessica said...

Christie, I think there is a desire for all of the items you made. I'm sure Moms will enjoy choosing matching accessories! As far as pricing...I'm not sure. Maybe Etsy can give you some ideas on pricing. :)

Jaime said...

So cute, Christy! I love the dresses. My lip is pouting that I have boys. (haha) The first dress is my favorite - I love the fabrics.

As far as pricing, I would suggest checking out Etsy as well. And I would go low versus high and see how the sales go...you could always raise the prices for the 2nd+ shows, right?

Oh, and I'm at 3 of the 4 fairs that you listed...we have a different one the weekend of Parkway South. We'll be seeing lots of each other, I guess!

Maria said...

Everything looks fantastic Christie!

Jenny Anast said...

Christie, I am amazed! I am so inept at this stuff. You were looking for pricing ideas, so here's what I would pay... (keep in mind, I'm very poor right now!)
dress - $15 - 20 (super-cute, btw!)
small bag - $10
large bag - $20-25
neck warmer - $12.50 (10 seems too little, 15 seems too much)
alligator hair clips - $5/2 sets
flower hair clips - $5/1 set
(Of course, G still doesn't have enough hair for clips so those are a moot point!)
My mom actually has a better idea of craft fair prices so I will ask her what she thinks and get back to you! Good luck!

The Girly Girls said...

Love the fabrics! So cute! I wish I was going to be in STL around those times! Good luck. Remember when you made purses in junior high for a bunch of girls? Remember when you and your mom were making a dress for you and the zipper wasn't quite done and I zipped you up and the pulled the zipper right off? Oh, memories of crafty things with Christie.

Joy said...

everything looks great, but darn it! You girl mommas get all the cute little accessories.

Unknown said...

Everything is too cute. I am a total sucker for the hair accessories and would probably pay at least $5 for each one. Not sure if City Sprouts (in the Delmar Loop) carries local good but you might try there too.