Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Light or Dark?

I have been wanting to hang a roman shade style of blind in our family room. Here's the deal - I love all the natural light that floods through the windows, but for about an hour in the late afternoon, direct sunlight comes blaring through and I really don't want our new leather furniture to fade. I'm having a tough time deciding on which blinds I like. The first is a tan color grasscloth - it matches the wall color.

I'd say 95% of the time, the blinds will be raised, looking like this -


And lowered for an hour or so out of the day like this -



Or should I go dark? This look ties in with the color of the furniture.


And lowered -

Decisions decisions! Most likely, I will not do anything over the top as far as curtains go. I'm considering adding a panel on each side of the set of windows - so two panels total. I'm hunting for fabric and haven't found one that I can't live without yet.
So what do you think?

11 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

I like the lighter color. And thanks for the nursery ideas!

Eden said...

I also like the lighter color!

Kelly said...

I like the lighter color. It blends with the outside better. =)

Katie said...

I'm totally torn on this one!

Melissa said...

I like the first one...the lighter one. I just like the way it looks better.

Maria said...

I like the darker one. Kinda matches the couch.

Kristin said...

I like the lighter one. The darker one will draw your attention to it. That's my unprofessional opinion :)

Cecilia said...

I also like the lighter one.

Joy said...

I like the darker!

Mary said...

I'm in the minority-I like the darker one! I also wonder if the darker one will block more of the sun? That window is awesome, BTW!

Cassie said...

Peronally if those windows were in my house I would not hide them with blinds, I would put a very light tint on them. You would still get the wonderful natural light but not all the hurtful sun damage. But that is just me.