Tuesday, November 13, 2007

New Curtains!

Finally a project at our own house! I bought this fabric back in August and it's been sitting ever since! Our walls intimidate me because they are about 12 feet tall and every drapery panel that I've ever seen in any catalog wasn't long enough. These panels wound up being a finished length of 126", so right at 10 1/2 feet. The bottom 15" is a different fabric. It's actually fabric that I special ordered to upholster a window seat and a bench that we have right as you come in the front door.
Close up of the coordinating fabric
Our living room - rather than do panels on both sides of each window, I decided to do a panel on each of the far ends. The other panel isn't shown in this picture because I couldn't scoot back far enough to get the whole thing in the picture! Next project: something to go above the tv! I'm thinking a decorative metal grate.


2 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

Love it! Tell me you didn't sew those. How very domesticated of you.

Anonymous said...

Love them! Those fabrics are fabulous!