Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas Decor!

I just love this time of year! The house always feels so much cozier and "homey" with all the decorations out and when it comes time to take them down after the holidays, the house always feels empty for a few weeks! This year was the first year for a big tree. For the past five years, I've had a 3 foot table top tree that I decorated. We'll still use it, just probably out on the front porch or something! This year, I decorated using mostly celery greens, browns, matte golds, and reds. Here's the (mostly) finished product!

Our tree - 9 foot slim spruce
Our dining room "hutch" with garland
Centerpiece on the coffee table - pine cones and ornaments
The Christmas bar - where we hang our stockings!
Dining room
Close up of the ornaments on the chandelierView from the stairs going up the second floor (and yes, Harvey is on the couch - sneaky little guy!)


11 comments:

Amy said...

Absolutely stunning- when is Martha featuring you in her Holiday magazine?? I love everything- the presents on the walls is such a cool touch. Totally impressed!

Anonymous said...

OMG, it's fabulous!! I love the colors you used and wrapping your pictures on the wall is such a fab idea!

~aj~ said...

Christie, your house is so beautiful and even more so with all the Christmas decor. I love it!

Jennifer said...

I love it!! The presents on the wall are adorable. What a great touch!

Stephanie said...

That is so beautiful! I love looking at the pictures - it gives me inspiration ;). You have a beautiful home!

Angela said...

Oh my word Christie! Your Christmas decor is beautiful! Come decorate my house - I'm not that far away! Of course, the minute you finish a toddler would be rearranging it all!

N. said...

Your house is gorgeous! I LOVE your hutch!! And the Christmas decor looks great.

Jen said...

I just love you. Do you know your blog makes my day? And so do your Christmas decorations. I swear we are blood-related, not just boy-related. :-)

Christie & Roger said...

Not just boy related! You crack me up! We're sisters from another mister (I just made that up!).

Tiffany said...

Christie,
Your house looks fabulous! I LOVE your tree! I want to do something different with mine next year...I'm going to keep that in mind. You should hire out to decorate for the holidays!

Unknown said...

wow--your decor is amazing and I LOVE your christmas tree