Saturday, November 24, 2007

Week Four/Five Recap

Weeks four and five flew by and there really isn't a lot to show for it! Actually, I stayed busy, but the work involved a lot of little things that don't really warrant pictures. After the carpet was installed, I rehung all the doors only to find out that the new carpet is so much thicker and plusher than the old stuff (that's the good part) that some of the doors won't close without being shaved down (the bad part). So I spent some time trimming doors and painting them. Then I moved on to the railing in the living room and updated that with something more modern day. The last big update was to the kitchen. The cabinets have been installed and the appliances are in place. It's winding down and hopefully my next update will be the final one where you get to see pictures of the final product and the staging! Enjoy!
New railing (the old one was metal and a little too "heavy" for the space)
The new kitchen (minus countertops and backsplash!)


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Christie - the condo is looking GREAT!!!

Julia Goolia said...

I don't think I ever told you much I admire you for leaving your "real job" to do what you love. Incredibly inspirational...you go girl! And love the condo progress.

Amy said...

Lookin great! Can't wait to see the finished product!! We are still working on the front door problem we had when you were down here!! Want to come back and give us a hand?? :)